An open house is an excellent way to attract potential buyers and turn that for sale sign into a sold one. It is a great way to showcase your home to a large audience and in fact, one in every five homes sells as a result of an open house. As the premier agent for all your Penticton real estate needs, I would like to offer the following tips on how to host a successful open house.
Spread the Word
Any successful open house starts with advertising. You will want to get the date, time and location of your open house out to as many potential clients as possible. Some of the advertising mediums that you should include are:
- Networking – allow your real estate agent to network with as many possible home buyers as they can. Also talk to your social circles and get them to spread the word as well.
- Internet – use real estate sites as well as other online advertising sites.
- Social media – use Facebook and your Twitter account to spread the word.
In addition to these mediums, go around your neighbourhood and post signs to inform passersby or other interested parties about your open house. The more ways you advertise for this event, the more prospective buyers you are sure to attract.
Ready, Set, Go
Besides having your home thoroughly cleaned and properly staged, there are some other tips that will make for an effective open house. These include:
- Open blinds and curtains and turn on all your lights. Well-lit rooms will not only open up the space, it will also give the appearance of a larger area.
- Keep your driveway and if at all possible the street parking right outside your home. Keep these convenient spaces open for prospective buyers.
- Do not be afraid to add an extra touch with some fresh flowers in the bathroom and kitchen. A table centerpiece is another excellent addition to your home’s open house.
A great way to set your open house apart from others is to provide all interested parties with a coloured brochure that highlights some of the unique selling features of your home. This will remind a buyer of your home and keep it fresh in their minds when viewing other properties. Information such as square footage, the year that your home was built as well as any major renovations or upgrades should all be included in this brochure.
These simple tips should make your open house a success and help you stand out against the competition. If you are interested in other ways to create a successful open house or have been thinking about listing your home on the Penticton real estate market, please contact me today. I would love to be a part of your sales team. I look forward to working with you soon.